Nmap, the ultimate security scanner has released the latest version - nmap v7.
What’s new in nmap 7?
- Major Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) Expansion : 171 new scripts and 20 libraries since Nmap 6 ( Including firewall bypass )
- Mature IPv6 support
- Faster Scans : New Nsock engines give a performance boost to Windows and BSD systems
- SSL/TLS scanning solution of choice : Scan for Heartbleed, POODLE, and FREAK vulnerabilities
- Ncat Enhanced
- Extreme Portability
How to install Nmap 7 in Linux Distros ( Ubuntu / Mint / Kali 2.0 Sana )
Well, this can be used to install nmap 7 in almost any Linux systems. The steps are simple enough. Open a terminal ( Ctrl + Alt + T ) and issue the following commands one by one.
- Download the latest nmap package
- Extract the downloaded package
- Compile and install it.
That’s it. Nmap v7 is now installed in your machine.
How to install nmap 7 on Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Installing nmap in windows is just about running the executable.
Download the installer from HERE and run it.
you should have nmap installed on your PC/Laptop now